Questions? Call Us: (956) 682-6147
Search results:

Y Cables

Y-cableY cable, or splitter cable is a cable with three ends: one common end and two other ends. The Y-cable can resemble the Latin letter "Y".

There are five common uses for Y-cables in signal paths:

  1. combining signals (feeding two outputs to one input);
  2. splitting signals (feeding one output to two inputs);
  3. consolidating connectors (feeding signals from two output connectors to a multi-pole input connector, keeping the signals separate);
  4. un-consolidating connectors (feeding signals from one multi-pole output connector to two input connectors, keeping the signals separate);
  5. send and return (outbound signal on one leg of the "Y"; inbound signal on the other; signals kept separate).

A Y-cable common in domestic settings has a stereo 3.5mm (1/8″) stereo male minijack at one end, to plug into the line- or headphone-output of an MP3 player, mobile phone, or computer soundcard, and a pair of RCA (phono) male plugs to connect to the left and right mono inputs of an external amplifier. This is an example of un-consolidating connectors, as described above.

Sort By:
Items per page:
Hosa 3.5mm TRS to Dual 3.5 mm TRSF
Regular Price: $7.50
Our Price: $5.50
Hosa XLR3M to Dual XLR3F Y Cable
Regular Price: $19.45
Our Price: $12.95
Pig Hog 1/4 in TRS M to Dual  1/4 in TRS F
Regular Price: $9.95
Our Price: $6.45
Sort By:
Items per page: